Saturday, February 16, 2008

Life

I’ve been so out of books to read lately that I started to read some of the self-help books that my sister left behind. One that I’ve just finished reading was about worrying over the little things in life. It talks about the things we blow up that are out of proportion, the things that we make a big deal of when it really isn’t that important.

Most of the time, we focus on what we want instead of what we have. We want a bigger car, bigger house, and more money. More of this, more of that. It never stops. As soon as we get a bigger toy, we think about getting the next bigger one. We think that our desire will stop as soon as we get what we want but as soon as we got what we wanted we want something that is better. Our desires for something better will never stop. This is when we forget to truly appreciate what we have. When was the last time you appreciated that you have a car, have a job, or appreciating your other half’s good quality? Once you start complaining about what you have, you’ll never learn to appreciate. If you continue to you’ll never see all the wonderful stuff life has to offer. Thus, you won’t fully enjoy life. Yea?

This is something I have to learn. Like most people, I have lots and lots of desires. I want more clothes, more blings, a better laptop, more money to spend, more of everything. I know that all these desires will never stop. I know by looking at my closet. ^^” Once I’ve got what I wanted I’ll think about the next top that I would buy next. At this rate, nothing will ever be enough for me… It really is time to start thinking about what I already have instead of what I want. I don’t want to end up like most grownups where they complain about how unsatisfied they are about their life… :p No offence to anyone…

One more thing that I wanna make note of is a very obvious fact.
We are all human. We all make mistakes.
We really should be more forgiving to ourselves.
We did not come into this world with a manual. We will definitely make a lot of mistakes along the way. We’ll forget things, lose ourselves, make a big fuss over nothing, make a wrong decision, say the wrong things at the wrong time, mess everything up, etc.

I know that I’ve been very unforgiving to myself over a long period of time. From time to time I would remind myself about all the stuff that went wrong. I would blame myself for the mistakes and I would beat myself over it. I still do actually. It’s a complete waste of time. I know it, and you know it as well. We really should a bit more forgiving. Especially towards ourselves… Most of us, try our best in everything we do. It’s not like we deliberately wanted to make that mistake… So once we’ve made a mistake, we shouldn’t drown in it. Just pull yourself out of it, forgive yourself, and learn from it. By drowning in it, we will never move forward. I know that I’ve spent many sleepless nights thinking about my mistake and telling myself I could’ve done better. I can’t turn back time so there isn’t much point telling myself that… I’m still trying to learn from it and move away from it.

Life is meant to be hard. It’s unfair, cruel, and a big hassle. But… I guess that’s what makes it more interesting. Can you imagine a perfect, happy life? I think I’ll probably die of boredness and emptiness…. ^^”
Sorry peeps. I don’t know what got into me to write this long post. Just felt like sharing some thoughts…:p

Moving away from this topic we call life…… I’m going back to Melbourne next week. Three months have gone by so quickly. >< But, in a strange way, I’m kindda looking forward to going back. I know that I will be feeling the stress that I hate very soon but… I’m still kindda looking forward to uni again. I’m curious about the things that I will encounter this year. I’ve grown to accept that the most unexpected things will always happen. Things just do not go as planned most of the time. I’m just hoping that there will be less drama… But then again… This is what makes life interesting yea? ;p

1 comment:

bL3kJoN said...

Life is indeed filled with irony my bao bei...yet it is these ironies that bring the unexpected together, and these ironies that allow us to mature and become a better person.

Indeed sometimes we want more n more, then it sometimes evolves into we want everything. But we gotta understand that sometimes to have one thing, we have to give up another. ;)