Saturday, January 12, 2008

My sister's wedding

Since that I have nothing much to do nowadays, I'll try to do a proper blog on what has happened to me over these two months instead of 'notes' of what happened... :p

First of all, my sister's wedding ^^v
My sister has already been married for a year in the US before the wedding banquet took place in my hometown, the Fishing Village :p

Because my Langkawi trip was quite close to my sister's wedding,

My Dad couldn't go up to KL to pick me up. Since Jon was attending my sister's wedding, the responsibility of taking me home fell to Jon ^^"
Dad met us in Kluang cuz I didn't know the roads back to my Fishing Village :p

While in Kluang we saw this sign from far away where we thought it said 'Fucks'.
But only after zooming in, we realised it said 'Fuchs'. ;p
Jon was dissapointed.



Little did Jon know that he was signing up for more than just attending the wedding.... All the driving, picking up, moving things, preparing.... My family really utilised what they had ^^" I'm sorry... I didn't know there's so much to do for a wedding!!

Some time off...

Showed Jon around when we were allowed to go out. Yes.. I spent half my childhood here in this kampung :p






Didn't manage to take many pictures of my Fishing Village.. :p Maybe next time.

Anywayz, bac to the main topic. Before the actual banquet, my parents invited close to 200 people to our house for a pre wedding dinner. My mum wanted to hire a caterer but my grandma, auties all stopped her and said they can help cook. I'm still amazed at how they managed to cook for 200 people....



Lots and lots of beer flowed around...


The kids were annoying

Bet they were plotting a conspiracy to destroy my house...

After the dinner, most of my cousins went to one of the very few karaokes in town and asked us along. Soooooo shouldn't have went. Won't tell the details but Jon was quite shocked to see what he saw..... ^^"""""

Had to wake up quite early the next morning to prepare for everything.
My sister looked gorgeous that day.







My 2nd sister was the master mind behind all the tasks that the groom and heng dais had to do in order for the ji muis to open the door. Apparently they got off easy cuz all the elders were complaining telling us to stop asking them to do stuff. My cousins complained it wasn't enought. According to one of my cousin, there was one year where one of the groom had to run up a hill and shout "I LOVE ...." at the same time. What Dean [the groom] went throught was just peanuts :p.







After a very very long tea ceremony, we headed off to Air Papan to take some pictures..






After a very short rest at home, it was time to get ready for the night. The dinner was at a hall cuz dad hired people from Yong Peng to cook. Apparently people from my village have been to too many wedding banquets and were all getting very sick of food prepared by the village's restaurant. :p


This hall fitted around 400 people...




The wedding celebrations were over after a very long and tiring day.
We now present the very happy couple, Mr. and Mrs. Money ^^



And Hello Kitty says Byebye XD

No comments: