Thursday, January 15, 2009

My new toys....

I know I've been pretty emo lately but my sister who recently returned from the States bought me something to keep me distracted from my emoness XD.

For those who don't read tech news most probably would have never heard about this gadget before.

A super awsome gadget called Chumby~!!!


You're now wondering what this mini TV look-alike thing can do?
It is capable of many things.
The concept of Chumby is to bring your favourite part of internet onto this gadget without having to go online~ Chumby has a built in Wi-Fi thing (don't know what the technical term is....) for you to wake up to up-to-date news, favourite internet radio, or facebook pictures that you and your friends have uploaded. You add the widgets you want and play it on your Chumby~! There are tons of widgets for you to choose from and there are new widgets added all the time. Chumby also has a touch screen so you can play little mini games using the touch screen~

I'm still exploring all the widgets I can add on to my Chumby and I am still amazed... ^^" There are now less reasons for me to turn my computer on... Hehehhe...
But it is too bad this thing can't run on battery. You can't bring it everywhere around the house with you. And it's too bad that some widgets are only useful in the States [widgets such as traffic condition, real time train timetable etc.] and my Chumby can't be used to its full potential. But I'm not going to complain. =D
My sister and my brother-in-law always get me the coolest stuff. Thank you!!!

By the way, I only realised lately that there are many gadgets out there that has built in wi-fi thingy-ma-bobs... I only realised yesterday that a Nintendo Wii has it as well!!! [Oh yea, I'm having fun with the new Wii as well~] I was amazed..... ^^""
And my PSP goes online just fine. Who wants to try Skype with me one day using my PSP? If only Malaysia provides a faster connection... But you can't have everything I guess~ =)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

cool yeah.. u got new toys..
let us to play it ah...
hehehe...

JiAAiJ said...

hahahahah. let u play with it next time XD

Chang Kuan said...

kids are kids... great... can i play with it too....

JiAAiJ said...

hrmmmm...
only if you're a kid as well.... :p
hahahah..